May 28th, 2020
FURNISH YOUR NEW HOME
Finding a new home and moving in can be a stressful and exhausting process.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your upcoming move, our lookbook is here to help you!
Here we will teach you on how to furnish the rooms in your home in the most efficient and affordable way possible.
And as a bonus, we will be providing you with the most beneficial - informative “moving tips”.
We not only care about your furnishing experience, but we will also guide you through how to pack up in our section below: “Packing tips for moving”.
Once you’re all moved, that’s when the fun part begins! Now it’s time to decide how you want to furnish your new home.
The first thing you need to keep in mind when buying new furniture is that you need to start furnishing the most important rooms first. Then, make an inventory list of furniture you already have and establish what’s missing.
Also, concentrate on the essentials first and wants second!
This way, you will be able to furnish your home without breaking the bank.
Here are our room-by-room furnishing tips:
Since you’ll spend a lot of time in the bedroom, we recommend that you invest in getting the best possible sleep! If you're on a tight budget, buy a bed frame and a mattress first. Once that's taken care of, ask yourself what else you need to make the most of your bedroom. Is your wardrobe big enough? If not, a dresser and nightstands are great for extra storage space!
A free-standing mirror or a mirror above your dresser is a nice addition that will bring your room décor together.
For a relaxing bedroom, mix wood with soft and silky fabrics
to create a textured and harmonious decor.
A sofa is the centrepiece of your living room, so start off by investing in a comfortable and functional one! If you have a TV, a media unit is also a must: it acts as a TV stand while bringing stylish organization to your space. Depending on your available space, you can also have accent tables and storage units to keep the room clutter-free. For better lighting, go for a floor lamp that acts as a decor piece while providing a brighter space.
When choosing the right wall art or painting,
if you have a very big wall, hang a large painting or
put several small wall arts to form a well-balanced composition.
Of course, the first thing this room needs is the dining table and chairs! Choose a table according to the space of the room and your average number of family members or guests. If you have enough space, a sideboard is perfect to store linens, tablecloths, dinnerware and other tabletop dining accessories. To elevate your décor and complete your look, find the perfect pendant to hang over the table.
1. The first step is to book a moving truck or company to transport your furniture safely.
2. Use furniture pads, moving blankets and foam padding whenever possible.
3. Empty and secure drawers and remove knobs to avoid breakage.
4. Remove legs of furniture and place extra padding on any corners and handles to avoid scratches and prevent your items from getting chipped.
5. Do not place any other items on your wood and glass furniture.
6. Remove all cushions from sofas and chairs.
7. Your lamp shades should all be packed in one box; the smaller shades inside the bigger ones, and secured.
8. Wrap artwork in paper first, then the bubble wrap and place vertically in a sealed box.